Sunday, October 3, 2010

Colorful Dreams

A year ago I made a duvet cover, and quickly became displeased with it. This summer I decided to ripped it or unsew it and turn into a quilt instead and headboard. The fabric on the headboard along with the matching squares in the quilt is the original fabric of the duvet cover. All the other fabrics are from my stash I had built up over time. Throwing out the idea of the skirts and hand bags the fabric original was baought for and made Mat and I this lovely bedroom set. The quilt is a king size, meaning a whole lot of fabric to work with. I am quite pleased. Not to mention that the headboard is an old frame I salvaged from a frame shop I use to work at, and that the back of the quilt is just as beautiful as the front.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely fabrics there, I can't wait to see what you recycle it into! (we have the same blog template, great minds think alike!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. And I can see your floor!
    Good work,daugher. Love ya

    ReplyDelete