Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Over the last few months I have been dealing with something very unusual. My brain has not been functioning properly, from dizzy spells to hallucinations my mind was telling me something is not right. I would dry heave, write backwards, and speak out of order. With my full time job of being a book keeper and my love for sewing both of which takes full concentration I have been seriously becoming depressed. Mat carries on a conversation with me and I am only half there, I have not been alert to my surroundings. Friends in passing along the drive home, I would not even notice them. I have been to the ER, Neurologist, and a family doctor, all looking at me and scratching their heads. Telling me “well I’m not going to prescribe you any medication today” – why would you? I wondered – you don’t know what is wrong and meds are not the answer to everything- in fact they are hardly the answer to most things. All along I knew I needed to follow my heart and get adjusted. However I wanted to be absolutely sure I didn’t have tumors, which is what my family doctor was concerned about. Once that was confirmed, I scheduled a chiropractor’s appointment. I went yesterday, finally someone who believes in natural simple reasoning. As I was filling out my paperwork he had a digital frame going and first photo I saw was a yurt! I knew right then that this was going to be a positive outcome. He started with Acupuncture, without the needles, on my face, and moved to my back for some adjusting, ending at my feet with some Reflexology. The outcome; poor blood circulation to my brain, I will have to practice yoga introverts (headstands ect.) on a daily basis. I already enjoy Iyengar Yoga regularly, this will push me to learn and do more so. I have been wanting to learn more about yoga along with nutrition, now I must for my well being-

I feel that all this has been and is going to continue on to push me into the path that I have been feeling at my fingertips. Land, living in the round, community, hostel, homesteading.

I am energized and this is just the beginning –

Namaste,

Abby

Simple Bright Moon

1 comment:

  1. Ryan & the VanMatre's will be so happy to read this!
    I glad things are coming together. Are your piggies still warm?

    ReplyDelete